Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Woo! Solium Infernum!

Hurray! Solium Infernum is being released today! It's by Cryptic Comet, that also made the excellent Armageddom Empires. I got a chance to beta test this, and even got my name in the credits, very cool. Thanks to Vic Davis for giving me a chance to try it out and test it.
Solium Infernum is a turn-based strategy game set in Hell, and I've had a blast with it. The focus is more on diplomatic maneuvering and cloak and dagger moves than direct combat, and that's a plus for me. You're limited to only a few actions total per turn, which helps give every decision more weight. Do I want to move that unit to protect that place of power? Or buy that artifact I've had my eye on in the Bazaar? Or should I commit one of my precious moves to demanding tribute, so I can have enough souls to bid on that Praetor to give my legion that extra bit of power? It can be very tense in a good way, juggling three different objectives and jockeying for position.
I certainly recommend you at least try it. It can be a little inaccessible at first, but just give the manual a good read and keep it open the first few times you play, and you'll get the hang of it.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

No comments: